Responsibility to our communities

RBC BlueBay is committed to giving back to our communities and has in place an established, employee-led charity forum.

RBC BlueBay supports charities where we feel we can tangibly contribute from both a fund raising and volunteering perspective and the charities we support are chosen by our employees.

Blue Marine Foundation

BLUE’s mission is to see at least 30% of the world’s ocean under effective protection by 2030 and the other 70% managed in a responsible way. BLUE works to improve governance of our seas and to help local communities who are at the front line of ocean conservation. They aim to secure marine protected areas, develop models of sustainable fishing, restore marine habitats and connect people with the sea to enhance ocean understanding across generations.


The Emerging Markets Foundation

The Emerging Markets Foundation (EMpower) connects global resources with local solutions to help young people in emerging markets create bold, transformative change in their lives and communities. Their driving goal is to enable young people to unlock their limitless potential.


The Honeypot Children’s Charity

The Honeypot Children’s Charity offers both respite breaks and outreach support to young carers, many of whom would otherwise have nowhere to turn. Honeypot is the only charity in the UK offering consistent support to young carers throughout childhood; from the age of 5 to 12.



Panathlon gives young people with disabilities and special needs the opportunity to take part in competitive sport. Their sport programmes give participants the opportunity to represent their school in sporting competitions that they are so often otherwise denied.


Our community engagement programme

Creating a positive social impact in the communities in which we live and work is core to our culture. To support this, we have a grant process that provides additional budget for employees to request charity donations of up to £5,000, and for sponsoring fundraising events that matter to them.

Volunteering is a core part of our culture

We set a target of 40% of employees taking part in volunteering and everyone can take two volunteering days each year to use with any charity or cause of their choice.

Four pillars

RBC BlueBay’s corporate responsibility framework is overseen by a Corporate Responsibility Committee and comprises four pillars: